What is the difference between love & arrange marriage?
In arranged marriages, the couple is guided by parents whereas in love marriages couples may not be in a position to assess the future complexities in life that may arise. Both the love and the arranged marriages have their merits as well as demerits and marriage is a decision of a lifetime?
Love vs Arranged Marriages -
Unlike arranged marriages-love marriages are more common in the Western World. Well, what exactly is an arranged marriage and love marriage? An arranged marriage is a marriage that is arranged by persons other than those who are getting married. On the other hand, love marriage is a marriage that is arranged by the partners themselves.
Marriage is a social contract between a man and a woman. Marriage is a legal contract between two persons that leads to kinship. Nowadays one can hear about love marriages and arranged marriages, which have some differences between them.
An Arranged Marriage-
The parents will be thoroughly investigating the background of the bride and the groom. They will be looking into every aspect, like wealth, health conditions, and habits. In love marriages, the couples are not worried about any background investigations. It is just love that runs in their blood.
In arranged marriages, the couples must the consent of their parents. On the other hand, in most of the love marriages- the partners will not need the consent of the parents or elders.
Unlike love marriages, arranged marriages are more stable. Divorces are seen less in arranged marriages and there is a great family bond.
When talking about love, love has to be developed in an arranged marriage- as they will only know each other better after the wedlock, but in love marriage, the couples have always been in love, and there is no need to develop it?
In arranged marriages, the couples may not be able to understand each other very well, and also not know the likes and dislikes of each other. Another thing that is seen in arranged marriages, is that men are always more dominant than the women. In love marriage, the couples get to know each other ahead of the wedlock, In such marriages, no one seems to be a dominant person over the others?
1. In Love marriages, the couple knew each other very well and most probably they already understood each other fully. Hence there won’t be many conflicts.
2. Marriage is a life-long commitment. So, the decisions to choose the life partners should be in one’s own hands.
3. Love is the base of any marriage. In love marriages, there will be no question on whether love happens or not.
4. Those who want to go for love marriage have more choices than those who go for an arranged marriage because arranged marriages mostly happen with the people of the same caste/class/religions.
5. Planned love lives result in happy families.
6. Generally, equality prevails in love marriages.